Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Best of 2013

Here we are at the end of the year.  It's hard to believe that 2013 is over! 

Here are our highlights from this year:


Grig and Emma both graduated from college.  Finally!

Kevin turned one!

We got our first family dog (albeit I owned her before)!

Grig got a full-time job after graduating.  It wasn't in his field, but it was still a definite answer to prayer.  We know we are where we are supposed to be right now, and we have faith that Heavenly Father will continue to guide us.

We got our first apartment (that wasn't owned by family).

We started a youtube channel and a blog.

Emma nearly completed her NaNoWriMo challenge.

We had Havelock come and live with us.

 The end.

I also wanted to post links to my five favorite blogs I've written this year.  I've done 112 of them now, so it was hard to choose, but as I skimmed, I ended up picking the eight (instead of five) that stuck out.  My most popular are to the right if you want to read those as well, but these are my favorite.

Walking with My Husband
The tale of my engagement.  Walking is a habit we hope to continue.

First Night with an Indoor Dog
I wrote a poem.  I rather liked it.  It was a fun experience.

When Did My Younger Siblings get so Old?
I made my parents cry with this one.  So, I thought I'd post it again.

Work is Meant to be Hard
This was my vent of frustration.  However, I think it turned out well.

Why Do Fireflies Die So Soon?
This is possibly the most beautiful post that I have written so far.  It was the only one that got shared a couple of times.

Top Ten Injuries in My Life
My own injuries amuse me.

What Do You Do When Your Snake Gets Loose?
This was a huge miracle.  We are still very grateful for that night.

Are Big Families Crazy?
We think not.


New Year begins tomorrow!  I'll have to make a new set of goals for the month of January and the year to follow!

Thank you for reading, commenting, liking, and sharing our blogs and videos.  It means a lot that you want to stay in touch with our lives!

We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment