Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Christmas Songs

This blog is late today because Kevin and I were singing Josh Groban's "O Holy Night" with him.  We were belting it out at the top of our lungs and it was so much fun that we had to do it a couple of times.  Hopefully our neighbors (downstairs and sideways) weren't too annoyed.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgwAqwUP3fvg-Mcg3ZGEPH77-Nn-EyPHs1Zw0r89b8MoBGRhTe7JHNJBF_7XBJukFSGKhPgS_YR5TPpTrVoAimK6wuUqajsv7iF3Wk3dWSW7Q4-7lb0wDGJiMd4IxVC30Haa0AhItojJ23f/s400/41dXHEjntnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
I love Christmas music.  Not as much as my cousin, who plays it in the middle of May and every other month, but quite a bit.

I worked at a gas station/farm store a little while ago.  It was a really nice place to work, and I enjoyed my time there.  However, every day they played country music.  I like some country songs, but not very many.  I learned to ignore it so that I could continue to enjoy my job.  My only respite was during the Christmas season when Christmas music would be turned on.

My coworkers hated it.  They quickly became sick of the same songs being played over and over.  I told them, "Now you know how I feel the rest of the year."  There were a few others who felt the same way that I did, but not very many.

Christmas music makes the excitement of Christmas come alive for me.  It takes me back to my childhood and fills me with a familiar sense of wonder.  Some songs can even make me cry.

There are a few that I dislike and probably always will, but for the most part I find Christmas music wholesome and uplifting.  Kevin really seems to like it too.

I was talking to Grig yesterday, and we were listening to some music that was kind of depressing, and afterward I had tears in my eyes and I said, "Okay, yes I do like depressing music."  It's not because it's depressing though, it's because it makes me "feel".  I go throughout a lot of life in a happy state.  I'm not super happy or miserable; I'm content.  So, songs that help me to feel or cry can be very powerful for me.  They make me happy and refreshed.

Sometimes a little bit of cry does me good.  Christmas songs help me to feel refreshed and clean, like my emotions got a bath.

What are some of your favorite Christmas songs?  Do you even like Christmas songs?  Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment