Monday, February 1, 2016

Let It Snow

Saturday morning, we woke up to go to the temple to find that it had snowed a TON.

It wasn't 36 inches, but it was about over a foot, and it was still coming down.

We had extra kids at our house, and had planned on dropping them off before going to the temple, so I ended up shoving the driveway while Grig and the kids got ready. The snow was heavy and wet, and it was a lot of work.

We got out of our house at the right time (at about 8:15), but the roads were so bad that it took us nearly 45 minutes to get somewhere that usually would have taken 20. By the time we got to my grandma's house to drop Kevin off, we were over an hour late.

Regardless, we trekked on. It really was beautiful, and though occasionally icy, for the most part, it was a pretty enjoyable ride. We played a game called "Who Has a Garage?" and were able to easily point out which cars had been parked in the garage and which ones hadn't.

There were quite a few cars buried up to their lights in the snow, and we were very grateful that we had a garage ourselves.

We stopped and picked up my Great Aunt on the way, and by the time we got to the temple, it was about 9:50 a.m.. We had been planning on getting there at 9:10. We made it to the 10:30 a.m. session.

We had a great time, and enjoyed participating with my great aunt. It was fun to spend time with her. I also really love the Spirit at the temple. You walk inside, and it's like everything outside is muted. It's quiet and calming. It is wonderful because it's a good chance to feel peace away from the cares of the world and receive needed answers from our Heavenly Father.

By the time we got out around 1:00 p.m., it had stopped snowing. We were a little disappointed, but the roads were a lot better.

We had been planning on going on a badly-needed date afterward, but since it was so much later than we had originally planned, we accepted Grandma's invitation to eat with her and enjoyed talking to my grandparents and aunt instead.

Then, we went home.

After we got home, it started snowing REALLY hard for a while, but cut off a lot sooner than we wanted. For some reason, both Grig and I enjoy heavy snow storms. I don't really like old, dirty snow that stays around for months, but I do enjoy large amounts of fresh stuff.

Kevin and Arkhon really enjoyed it too. Kevin helped his Great-grandma shovel their sidewalks and driveways with a little kid shovel they had, and when we came home, they let us take it with us.

As soon as we got home, Kevin began to shovel our driveway (which was once again full of snow). We're going to go out and shovel today after he wakes up, I think.

Our yard still needs it.
This picture was taken during the snowstorm. All of the stuff on the railing is new.

No comments:

Post a Comment