Friday, February 5, 2016

Getting up at 5 a.m.

A couple of weeks ago, I was praying about how I could help Grig get to bed on time and get up on time, and the answer that I received was to get up with him.

I think I've mentioned this on the blog before.

So, for the last two weeks, I've been getting up with him at 5 a.m..

It hasn't been easy for me. I'm really a night person, and I've never been very good at waking up to alarm clocks, but the Lord has helped me out. Sometimes, it's not the alarm clock I wake up to, but Grig moving to turn it off. Either way, I have woken up every morning.

That hasn't been the hardest part.

The hardest part, is that Kevin has been waking up at 6:30 or earlier. I used to get my writing time from 10-12 at night, and it was nice to have a couple of hours to myself. Now, by the time Grig leaves for work and I finish blogging, it's about 6:15 to 6:30 a.m.. That means that some mornings, when Kevin wakes up, I haven't even had a chance to write. Then, I go with him to try and get him back to sleep, and instead I fall asleep half the time. He never does.

I'm afraid he's too much like me.

For the first week, I was really frustrated. Then, Wednesday of this week, I decided that maybe a nap would help reset Kevin's schedule. So, I brushed his hair with a Kim Possible brush until he fell asleep and let him sleep for an hour.

It took him a little longer to go to sleep that night, but yesterday morning he slept until 7:30 a.m.. It's still earlier than he used to wake up, but I'll take it!

The other unforeseen blessing that we've been having is that, last night, for the second time this week, Kevin has slept in his bed for the whole night!

That's nearly unheard of. Usually be put him to bed between 8:30 p.m. and 9 p.m.. Then, sometime between 11 p.m. and 3 a.m. he comes into our room and climbs in our bed. Every morning we wake up with him in the bed, which is fine for now, but if we get pregnant, like we're praying we will, there won't be room for him in the bed anymore.

We've been praying that we would know what to do in order to help him stay in his bed all night. I just don't wake up when he comes in and crawls in our bed. For some reason, the changes that we've been making are helping him to sleep all night, and for that, I am very grateful.

I am grateful that I kept going, even though it was hard at first. There have been many wonderful blessings because I decided to heed the counsel that I received.

I AM excited to sleep in on Saturday though.

That will be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment