Thursday, February 4, 2016

Goals for 2016

I realized I haven't written this post yet, though I have set goals.

I try to share my goals on here because then I have some accountability. It's good to have someone to be responsible too, even if they are faceless readers...though actually many of you aren't so faceless.

I love setting goals. I like accomplishing them, and I like having something to work toward. So, without further ado,  here are my goals for 2016:

  • Only 2 hours or less of tv or movies during the hours of 8-5.
  • Go outside daily
  • Write 1000 words M-F
  • plan for Sunday lesson by Wednesday
  • Have a baby
  • Exercise 30 min M-F
  • Schedule daily
  • Set monthly goals
  • Set daily goals
  • Read scriptures 30 min a day
  • Publish 1st novel
  • Blog M-F
  • Put out 1 video a month
We have some other couple goals as well, but these are my personal goals. 

I set these at the beginning of last month, and I'd already forgotten about a couple of them. It's good to be reminded. 

The limiting tv thing has been wonderful. Kevin actually gets grumpy if technology is on too long. I also am less productive. To turn everything off for most of the day has really helped me to accomplish my other goals and helped me to be a better mom. Some days I do better than other days, but I'm improving.

It wasn't that we were actually watching television that much, but it was on as nearly constant background noise. It's been nice to have my focus solely on my son. 

I like how goals make me a better person and help me to improve myself. I'm doing really well on the second draft of my book right now. I have high hopes for submitting it to publishers this year. I'm still trying to decide if I should self-publish through Amazon, or try and publish through a publishing company. 

Any thoughts? I'd really welcome them. 

1 comment:

  1. Definitely use a publishing company, and message me if you want to talk about why.

    ReplyDelete