Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Goals for 2014

It actually helps me a lot if I tell you what my goals are, because than I feel accountable to actually accomplish them.

This month, I am working on reading/studying scriptures for 1/2 hour, exercising 1/2 an hour 5 times a week, and writing five pages a day.

So far this week, I have been doing really well.  I've exercised for the last two days using Punch, Kick, & Jam a video workout that someone gave me like seven years ago.  It's made me sweat and I feel a lot better for it.  I'm not a huge fan of jogging, but this workout is working every muscle in my body, so though I've felt sore, I feel great!  I'm also already starting to lose some weight, which is fantastic.
http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mpco7OzWpfdsdecdwU3dQJw.jpg

My scripture study has also been equally fantastic. While Kevin has been taking naps, I've been able to accomplish these two goals.  The only problem is that by the time I do these two activities, and sit down to start writing, Kevin wakes up not too long after. 

So, I've only written about a page a day, but goals are for working toward, right?  If it was easy, I'd need to up the goal anyway. 

I think I've also decided that when I finish writing and editing I am going to self-publish through Amazon's publishing page.  I will keep you all updated on that.  That's one of my major goals this year is to publish my first book.  At first, I was hesitant because I didn't know for sure if they published anything besides kindle editions (and I really like paperback or hardcover myself), but it turns out they do publish paperback.  So, that is what I will be doing. 

First, I have to finish writing the book though.  Anyway.  Those are some of my goals for the month.  Another one is to plan my schedule everyday and accomplish household chores as I do so.  That's been going well too.

2014 is starting out really awesome!

I hope yours is going just as well!

Grig's work is starting to slow down. He actually had last Saturday off. That was nice.  We played Settlers of Catan which we bought on Friday. Great game.

Did I ever tell you that I love fried chicken?

1 comment:

  1. Settlers is also a favorite of mine :) we don't have it yet. We should.

    Good job on the followthrough!! Goals are great. Writing can be difficult to fit in. If you're writing every day though, whatever amount, you improve so much faster. Good job on that, too.

    ReplyDelete