Thursday, January 30, 2014

Crazy, Fun Day

Yesterday was kind of a crazy day.

I didn't plan very well. On Sunday, I signed up to have the Sister Missionaries over for dinner. Then, on Monday, I called the pediatric clinic to get Kevin an appointment for his one-year immunizations. I asked them if they had any appointments after 4:00 (so Grig could come). They told me they had one day open. I quickly jumped and grabbed the 4:40 time. That way we could get there in time to fill out paperwork.

As soon as I hung up the phone, the thought hit me...what day did I sign up to have the missionaries over?

I checked my notebook and of course, it was Wednesday.

I spent the next few days praying that things would work out and the missionaries wouldn't want to come over before 6.  Yesterday morning, they called to confirm a time. They told me that they had an appointment at 5:00, so would it be okay if they had dinner at 6:00?

I quickly reassured them that would be perfect!

When Grig got home from work, there was a notice on our door. The manager was upset because people hadn't been picking up their dog poop and the grass on the property looked disgusting. She then added that she might be fining some people's accounts. So, before I left I went out and picked up ALL the dog poop in front of our apartment. That way, I figured, even though most of it wasn't ours (we try to always pick up our poop), she wouldn't even think that it was from our dog.

I don't poop!

After I finished, I went and told her what I'd done. I wasn't trying to make myself look good; I was just trying to avoid a fine. However, she told me that if I hadn't done that, she would have ended up doing it, so she told me to take $25 off of our apartment rent this month. That was really nice of her. I told her some of it was probably ours, but she told me to make sure I took the $25 off. That was a nice blessing.

Then, we ran to take Kevin to his doctor's appointment. The appointment went well. They poked his foot to check his hemoglobin levels, and he didn't even twitch. When she squeezed his foot, he just granted in a manly manner.

Then, the doctor got some pus out of an infected pimple-type thing on Kevin's back and he just shrugged it off.

However, when they stabbed the needles into his thighs, his composure broke. A startled look came across his face and he began to wail. Poor kid. That was a pretty tough thing for him. It exhausted him so much that on our way to pick up the missionaries he fell asleep.

It was a very short nap. We quickly reached our home where I had dinner warming in the oven. They seemed to really like it. I made Sausage Noodle Bake, which is a family favorite. I think it's okay if I share that recipe with you, if you want it.



Sausage Noodle Bake

Recipe By     : My Great-Grandma
Categories    : Main Dishes

  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
   1 1/2  cups          any size noodles
   1      pound         bulk sausage
     1/4  cup           chopped onion
   1      can           cream of mushroom soup
     1/3  cup           fine dry bread crumbs
     3/4  cup           evaporated milk
     1/3  cup           water
   1      cup           grated  American cheese
   2      tablespoons   melted butter

Cook noodles until tender and put into buttered casserole dish.  Brown
sausage and add onion.  Cook for 10 minutes.  Mix soup, milk, water and 
cheese. Add to sausage and onion and pour over noodles.  Mix melted butter
and bread crumbs.  Cover the casserole with them.  Bake at 350 for 30
minutes.
 


Last night, I actually altered it a little bit. I used way more breadcrumbs, and then, instead of putting butter on it, I sprayed it with cooking spray. It was quicker and tasted great afterward! The missionaries seemed to like it, they both had seconds. We also had bottled peaches and lemonade. Grig went and bought some cookies because I ran out of time and didn't make brownies. I'll have to do that today.

So, that's our crazy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment