Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A Long Night

I mentioned briefly that Kevin was sick yesterday, but it wasn't until mid-afternoon that I felt it hit me too.  The two of us were a pretty pathetic group.  He wanted to be held all day, and so we spent the majority of the day watching our video blogs (which I'm pretty sure he watches more than anybody else) on one side of the screen, while I played lazy games on the other.

I was shivering when Grig got home from work, and I just wanted to go to bed.  Kevin and I laid down and Grig bundled us with blankets.  I took some ibuprofen, and after I while I felt less achy and I began to grow warm.  I was having a hard time falling asleep, but eventually I felt good enough to get back out of bed.  Kevin had fallen asleep, and so I had a few minutes to feel hungry.  I decided I was over the sickness, and I was rather pleased. 

Kevin's fever was up to 102 degrees F when he woke up, and we gave him some Tylonel, which quickly brought his fever down to 99.  We both were feeling fantastic.  I ate a couple chicken sandwiches and then we got ready for bed.

Kevin and Grig quickly fell asleep, but as I lay in bed, I began to feel cold again.  I shivered and pulled the extra blanket on top of me, but I couldn't get warm.  Finally, after laying in bed for two and a half hours, I woke up Grig at 12:30 a.m. and asked him if he could get me a drink of water and some ibuprofen.  He did.  Then, he went back to sleep.  Afterwards, about an hour later, I was able to feel warm again, but I still couldn't sleep.  Finally, at 2:00 a.m. I left my bed and went into the living room where I found out that ibuprofen actually reduces fever too.  I had thought it was just a pain medication.  That explained why I thought I was recovering. 

I got back in bed at 2:30 a.m. when Kevin woke up and I gave him some Tylenol because he was starting to feel warm again.  Then, I tried to sleep.  Finally, after Grig woke up and left, I was able to fall asleep about 4:00 a.m. 

Kevin and I slept in until 9:30, and then he woke up, so out of necessity I had to get up too.  I don't feel very good today, which is why this blog is so late again.  Kevin, however, after another bout of Tylenol decided he feels great, and he has gone into his room to play.  I decided to take this opportunity to let you know about the last two days.

I just took some ibuprofen again, so I'm starting to feel better too.  Hooray for drugs!  I don't normally like to take them, but I feel much better for it.

There are advantages to being sick at the same time as your baby.  You can kind of judge how they are feeling by how you are feeling.  You can take naps together and you don't really feel like doing anything either, so sitting on the couch and holding your son all day sounds nice.

However, I don't have much energy, and as Kevin's is coming back, I am feeling ill-equipped to deal with it.

I'm so grateful for an amazing husband who got up three times last night to take care of me.  He deserves a gold-star, and I wish everyone had a husband as awesome as him.  Dealing with sickness by yourself isn't much fun at all.

May you all stay healthy.  However, I am remembering how grateful I am for my health, so there is a purpose in getting sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment