Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Jump Park Adventure

Yesterday, we were invited by my aunt to go with them to a Trampoline Park.

I'd never been to one before, and I wasn't sure what to expect. It was part of a promotional event for families with children who have Type 1 Diabetes. My cousin was diagnosed recently.

We had a lot of fun with her and her family. Basically, the whole area is set up with trampolines. You can jump from one to another or jump off them onto a rope swing. The rope swing propels you over a bunch of soft square foam blocks that cushion you when you land. There was also a rock wall, which, to my shame, I wasn't able to climb. My arm strength needs to be built up again evidently.

An example of what it kind of looked like. We didn't bring a camera, so this one I found online to demonstrate. This one is in Cedar Park.

Kevin had a great time playing with his cousins and aunt and uncle. There was a kid area, and so my aunt and uncle watched him while Grig and I played with my other cousins. We had a great time with minimal injury.

At one point, I was jumping off of the tramp runway, and I was trying to go really far. I decided to jump on the very edge. I was expecting it to be bouncy, but when I hit that area, it wasn't soft at all and my knee jammed a bit. That kind of hurt, but it isn't too bad.

There were also some areas where the trampoline would be up the wall a bit. You could literally jump up the wall. At the end, we were jumping up the wall, and then spinning to land on our back and sliding down. It was quite fun.

This is an example of what it kind of looks like. This particular one is in Dallas. 

They also fed us dinner and told us about the walk for diabetes that would be taking place in September. We'll hopefully be able to participate in it.

A great mile-marker also occurred last night! I decided that Kevin won't get to nurse anymore during the night. (I know I've probably said that before, but this time I was serious.) Kevin's been waking up every 2-3 hours, and I decided it was because I was letting him nurse a bit before I put him back to sleep. Last night, it took two hours, but when he finally fell back asleep at 2:00, he slept until 8:00 this morning! That was a great thing. If I hadn't woken up briefly with Grig, I would have gotten nearly 6 hours of undisturbed sleep!

Things are going pretty well for us. We have a couple of family reunions coming up, and we're looking forward to them.

Money's a bit tight right now, but it's good for us to continue to learn how to budget and learn to live within our means. I'm sure the lessons we are learning now will serve us well throughout our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment