Thursday, July 3, 2014

Exercising!

For the first time in a few months, I exercised...by myself!

Last month I played indoor soccer with some ladies from the church, but after gaining a few pounds on our trip and being told by a friend that she'd wondered if I was pregnant, I was feeling motivated to work out. (I wasn't offended, but inspired.)

The only problem is that my inhaler ran out and we haven't been able to get an appointment yet to refill it. So, even though my asthma is allergy-induced, it sometimes crops up when I'm running. My mother suggested that I run indoors, and I decided to give it a try.

So, I turned on a workout video while Kevin was sleeping and started.

I'd forgotten how good it feels to get your muscles moving. I'm not much of a runner (unless I'm playing a sport), but I do love how I feel after I've been exercising.

My favorite probably is riding bikes, but our bikes are still in Idaho, so that's not available right now.

Anyway, I was pretty stoked about the progress I made on my goals yesterday. I did all of them except write, and that's only because I'm working on the surprise animation. Hopefully, you guys like it.

As far as Kevin is concerned, we moved back into our own room last night. He didn't fall asleep until 11:00 p.m., but once he did, I was able to take a shower and go to bed. Unfortunately, I didn't fall asleep for a while, and he woke up about 12:30 a.m. I quickly jumped up, and went to find him. We'd left his door open so he could come into our room, but instead of doing that, he ran to the living room and climbed into the chair next to the computer and started crying. I put him back in his bed, and then I was able to fall asleep as well. At about 4:00 a.m. he climbed into our bed and spent the rest of the night there.

Progress though!

No one told me when I had a baby that showers would be very difficult to take. I pretty much can only shower when Kevin is asleep or Grig is home. That severely limits my options.

Ah well. A few small sacrifices are nothing compared to Kevin. He's worth it, even if I'm a stinky mom sometimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment