Thursday, May 29, 2014

Broken Glasses and Root Canals

Yesterday, we had an exciting day. In the morning we had pest control come to spray for cockroaches (we haven't seen many lately, but they were doing our whole building, so that was great!) I was frantically trying to finish cleaning before they got here, and finished just in time.

Then, we had cousins come over to play with Kevin. He loves his cousins so much, but after a busy morning with a picnic and playing on the playground, he was worn out, so he fell asleep while they were still here. We had a lot of fun though.

Then, Grig had to go straight from work to the dentist. Poor guy. That was a long day for him. He started work at 4:00 a.m., went straight to the dentist at 3:40 p.m., got home about 5:15, and then had another couple of meetings at 6:00 p.m.. At the dentist, they performed a root canal and numbed up his tongue and jaw.

I felt pretty bad for him, but I was grateful to have him home.

Tonight, he has an eye doctor appointment, and I'm going to take my glasses in to get them repaired as well. On Saturday, we were tired, and so Grig and I took a nap on the floor of Kevin's room while he played. I still had my glasses on from the morning (I usually wear contacts), and I foolishly played them somewhere where he could reach them. When I woke up, I couldn't find them, and being blind I had to ask Grig to locate them.

When he found them, it wasn't good. A screw was missing and they were horribly bent out of shape. He couldn't find one of the lenses. Well, I went and put my contacts back in, and cleaned Kevin's room and located the missing lens, but not the screw.

The after-effects of the carnage
I wasn't mad at him, I just wished that I hadn't left my glasses where he could reach them.

Live and learn, I guess.


This last week, I also shaved the dog. Previously, I've clipped her, but this time I went to an 1/8 of an inch. This is what Dakota looks like with no hair:




She's much happier and much cooler. She doesn't pant hardly at all now, and she is far more relaxed. She doesn't look too bad either, if I do say so myself.

Summer is almost here, and our apartment is growing warmer by the day.

I love summer, but with no air-conditioning, the house can get pretty warm. I'm probably going to cut Kevin's hair again before we leave too.

1 comment:

  1. Katelyn did that to my glasses when she was Kevin's age. I didn't have glasses for years. When I finally got new ones I didn't dare leave them out again. You do learn pretty quick.

    ReplyDelete