Thursday, October 31, 2013

Okay, They Talked Me into It

 I keep seeing blog posts from my friends where they talk about how they're going to participate in NaNoWriMo.  I couldn't help it, I looked it up.

Evidently, it all about National Novel Writing Month.  During the month of November, authors are asked to try and write 50,000 words.  I've decided to give it a go.

I've had this new story idea that I got from a dream.  I've already written out the entire plot, and it's been sitting in my mind in the back burner.  I think I'm going to write on it for the next month in the morning while Kevin is still asleep and during his nap times.  After I blog, of course.

I think I can do it!  I write quickly, and for once, I have a story mapped out.  This will be a good opportunity to try and push myself to do something.

Even if I don't finish, 50,000 words should definitely get me started.  I have a penchant for writing long stories, and the current one I'm thinking about doing might end up being a trilogy.

Anyway, I'm kind of excited to start tonight/tomorrow.

I'm on the official NaNoWriMo website as clwoolfe, which was originally going to be my penname.  If you're on there, look me up.

For a synopsis of my story, I simply wrote:

A young man is born with some special abilities.  Though his siblings are also unique, they grow jealous of the attention he is getting.  They are approached by a stranger and they make a decision that will change their brother's life forever.

Okay, so maybe I need to beef it up, but I don't want to give anything away either.  So difficult.

Anyway, if you're interested and are a last minute procrastinator like me, the month begins tomorrow!

For an update on the family:

Kevin is feeling better, in case you were wondering.  We think he has another tooth coming out the top.  Poor guy.  He's been pretty miserable.   

Tonight is his first Halloween!  We are pretty excited.  It is also our anniversary of our engagement.  To read that story, go here.

We've got his costume figured out, but you probably won't see it until this Saturday's vlog.  It's adorable though!  Be very excited.

I'm excited.  He can't eat his candy yet, so that means it's all mine!

Bwahahahahaha.

Sorry, just getting in the Halloween mood.  Besides, I have to share it with Grig.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited Rebecca!! This will be awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so excited! And it sounds like your story is the exact opposite of mine! It's about a boy who's the only one without special abilities in his family.

    ReplyDelete