Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Flat Tire Tuesday

Yesterday was an exciting day. 

Havelock wanted to borrow the car, so Kevin and I drove Grig to work at 4:30 a.m.  As we were driving, I heard a strange sound.  It made me think that something had gotten caught around our tire.  I prayed that it wasn't a flat and that we would make it home okay. 

We made it home okay, and I didn't see anything wrong, so Kevin and I went back to bed. 

A couple hours later, I was awoken by a text from Havelock.  He said, "The car has a flat tire.  I can't get it off."

I told him to take the bus to work, and I'd deal with it.  However, I forgot I have a ten-month-old.  I realized I didn't know how to change a tire and watch a kid yet.  So, because I have an extraordinarily amazing family, my grandmother agreed to pick up Grig and his friend from work.  She's awesome.

So, that taken care of, I settled down to put Kevin down for a nap.  However, he wouldn't take one.  Usually by 3:00, he's taken two naps.   Instead, he was just grouchy most of the day, and prevented me from getting anything done.  Finally at 1:30 p.m., he fell asleep.  I gave a sigh of relief. 

Then, only an hour later, the doorbell rang and the neighbor kids wanted to come in.  They're good kids, and their mom is a friend of mine, but it just wasn't good timing.  I really wanted Kevin to sleep.  I always feel like a beast when I make them go away though.  Luckily, Kevin stayed sleeping, and I was able to enjoy his nap.

Once Grig was home, he and I put the doughnut on the car while Kevin watched and 'helped' us.  Hopefully Grig doesn't have to work overtime this week, so we can take the car in and get the tire changed on Friday.  We found a flat piece of metal embedded in the tire.  We're pretty sure that's what killed it.

He drove the car to work this morning, so hopefully the doughnut lasts until then.

Crazy day, eh?

1 comment:

  1. You have such a sweet circle of people around you. Fortunately, they were there to help you out deal with a stressful day. Yeah, changing a tire isn't one of the easiest tasks, especially when you have to deal with kids as well, but I'm glad you made it through the day sane.

    Randee Colton @ CapitolHillExxon.com

    ReplyDelete