Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Kevin's Shadow

This morning, we went on our walk, and I forgot that no one else was meeting us today. So, when I remembered, I told Kevin, "Sorry, buddy. We're alone today. We don't have any friends coming."

He was pretty cool with it, so we kept walking. A mile or so later, he suddenly said, "We're not alone, Mom! My friend's walking with us." 

I was confused for a moment, but then I looked to where he was pointing. He was gesturing toward his shadow. 

Recently, Kevin has been pretty excited about his shadow. He calls it "his friend," and talks and waves to it all the time. The other day he and his shadow were "training" together. He was standing in front of the wall facing it and he was teaching it how to fight. He would throw kicks and punches, and he loved to watch it mimic him.

So, when I realized what he was talking about, I waved to his shadow too. He then told me that his shadow's name is "Catcher of the Rhyme." 

I love my son so much. I love his imagination and how sweet he is. 

Also...congrats to my little sister on her new baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment