Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Why I've Been Gone

It's nearly been two weeks since I last blogged. For those of you who eagerly look forward to my blogs every day (if there is anyone like that out there), I sincerely apologize.

My mother-in-law drove clear across the country to drop my sister-in-law off at our home. My sister-in-law, who has yet to pick her pseudonym will be living with us for the next while. My mother-in-law also was able to stay with us for a week and a half, and we had a great time while she was here.

However, we also had a very busy time, and with all the commotion and fun, I haven't really had a chance to blog much.

We really enjoyed having Grig's mother come and visit us. We did a lot of fun things with her, and we were sad to see her leave this morning.

We did some pretty fun activities while she was in town.

It snowed last week, and for the first time, Kevin was able to build a real snowman (with some help, of course).

Awesome snowman.


The dogs were wanting to help too.

One of the nicest things that happened for Grig and I occurred last Thursday through Friday. Grig's mom was very kind and stayed with Kevin overnight while Grig and I went to a place called Anniversary Inn. It is a themed hotel, and we were able to stay at the Swiss Family Robinson room. We are especially grateful that she allowed us to celebrate our anniversary and Valentine's Day while she was here.

Here's some pictures of our room.



Grig loved this plecostomus. 




We had a great time here, and we really loved the two person Jacuzzi. It was very relaxing.

The next day, we went to Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake City. It was really fun to spend some one on one time with my husband, though we missed Kevin. We were sure that he would have loved the zoo, but it was nice to have time alone with Grig.

 We also got a chance to test our our new camera and it took some extraordinary closeups of some of the animals.

 At one point, we were looking for the tiger, and we couldn't find it. So, we turned around to leave and found the tiger ten feet over our heads staring down at us. It was so close we could smell it, and it kind of scared me a little. They had a catwalk built over the trail and signs telling people not to climb on it.
Here he is scenting the air.

Here's my favorite!

I liked this picture I took.
We got back home late Friday night.

We also gotten a lot of projects done while Grig's mother was here. She's been very kind and helped us out with quite a few things.

Kevin was pretty sad to have his grandma leave. They really enjoyed each other's company. Tonight he was asking after Grandma. He loves her very much.

Thanks for everything, Grandma! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment