Thursday, March 12, 2015

Twin Mission Homecoming

On Tuesday, my sister came home from her mission. Her twin, my other younger sister, had also been out on a mission, but due to health problems with her knee had to come home early.

Tomorrow, we are traveling to Idaho to hear them talk about their missions and to see them again. I'm pretty excited to see them, but they sure have changed since they were little.

Sometimes I think that this is how I remember them best:

They sure have changed since 1997, when this image was taken. When they were little they had super curly hair, and they were pretty funny. I loved being able to have a baby on each hip and feeling really strong. 

One of the memories that I laugh about now, if when I was in 4th or 5th grade and it was  Valentine's Day. I really loved candy when I was a kid, and I knew that this was going to be the last year that all of my classmates gave me goodies. 

I intended to eat the candy that I received slowly, so I could savor this final Valentine's gift. I knew I was unlikely to ever receive such a wonderful horde again, so I rationed out how much I was going to eat and how long I was going to make it last. 

It seems pretty silly now, but for some reason is meant a lot to me at the time. 

So, when I came home from school to find that all my candy had been eaten by the twins, I was super angry. I raged and I cried and didn't know if I'd ever be able to forgive them for eating my precious candy. 

I'm over it, though I think I terrified them for a while. I had a pretty good temper when I was a kid. 

Hopefully that isn't the only memory of me that they have. 

It will be good to visit with family. I miss them when I don't see them for a while. My sister-in-law, who has decided to be called Argent, is staying with our dogs over the weekend, so we can travel without our puking puppy. That's very kind of her. 

On Wednesday, I called home and one of the twins answered the phone. I knew the younger twin wasn't coming home until Thursday night, so I talked to the older one for a while. Suddenly, the sister I was talking to stopped and asked me if I knew who I was talking to. I told her, and she laughed. I was actually talking to the younger twin. She had come home on Tuesday night, and not Thursday night. I was pretty glad I'd called home, even though I'd had the dates wrong. It was good to talk to her over the phone. 

We look forward to seeing both of them tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment