Thursday, January 8, 2015

Magical Family Moments

The other night, we were supposed to be going to bed,

Instead, Kevin requested that we get out the bubbles.

So, even though I probably shouldn't have, I got the bubbles off the top of the fridge and began to blow them for Kevin.

It didn't take long for Arkhon to notice. He came bounding over and began to snap the bubbles out of the air. He's quick, and he made us laugh. Kevin noticed what Arkhon was doing, and the next time a bubble came within Kevin's reach, he opened his mouth and ate it.

I exploded with surprised laughter. Soon Arkhon and Kevin were chasing the bubbles around with their mouths hanging open, eating every bubble they could catch. Soon I was laughing so hard I couldn't really blow any more bubbles.

(The video below isn't from the other night. It's from a couple of months ago, which you can probably tell since Arkhon is smaller.)



As I looked around me, I saw Grig scratching Dakota on the floor and Arkhon and Kevin dancing around my feet and a strong sense of peace came over me.

I turned to Grig and commented, "This sure is nice. It's almost magical."

He agreed.

I've been thinking about that moment ever since.

Sometimes when we have opportunities to do things as a family, we leave the house, watch a movie, or read books together. I realized the other night that even though those things are fun, sometimes nothing compares to the spontaneous moments that just happen within our homes.

I think those magical family moments are what we will look back on with fondness and joy.

I want to work more on not being so distracted by things. Family is what is really important, and when we take time to just enjoy the people in our lives, we can really feel the peace and happiness that can happen in this life.

I'm so grateful for my family and our pets. Who ever knew that I could be so happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment