A couple of days ago, I was waiting for my lunchtime call from Grig, and the phone rang. I looked at the caller ID, and it saw that it was our real estate agent. We had finished the inspection the previous week, and we were waiting for the lenders to do the appraisal.
Worried, I quickly opened the phone, not sure what I was going to here. If the appraisal had told us we needed to fix the roof, I didn't know what we were going to do, because neither the seller nor us could afford it at the moment.
However, to my delight, it was good news! He told me that the appraisal had come back and they assessed the home as worth more than we were paying for it! That means that the lender is willing to loan us money for it. Also, they didn't flag any repairs, so there is nothing holding back the rest of the process! That means that we are clear to submit our loan to the USDA.
That is supposed to take 8-10 days. That means that we may get the house as soon as the 1st of February! That's 11 days before the closing date on our contract, which would be just fine. The sooner the better.
Honestly, I'm ready to move now. I would love to be packing already, but with our little cockroach problem, we can't pack until we're ready to take things out of the house.
We really don't want to take any of the little critters with us, so examining everything closely and taking it right out of the house and then freezing everything (with the hopefully cold temperatures that we'll have that week) should do it.
We're super excited and grateful. The Lord is answering our prayers.
|Part of the backyard, including Kevin's playhouse|