Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Family Home Evening Hilarity

Last night we were having Family Home Evening, and we were talking about Easter. We watched a short video about Palm Sunday and the last Supper. Then, I tried to tell Kevin about how Heavenly Father and Jesus loved us.

I said, "Heavenly Father and Jesus created the earth. They sent Kevin to earth..."

Kevin promptly interrupted me. "I'm not on earth," he told me adamantly.

"You're not?" I asked with amusement.

"No," he said, "earth has too much water. I don't want to walk on the earth. It's too blue! It's too watery! It's too...it's too...it's too water on the earth."

Grig and I started laughing, and he became a bit angry, "Don't laugh!" he told us.

"Sorry," I apologized. "So, Heavenly Father and Jesus sent Kevin to the ground..."

"No!" Kevin protested again. "I don't walk on the earth. To the grass. I walk in the grass."

At this, Grig and I tried to contain our mirth again, but he was just too cute!

So, evidently Heavenly Father and Jesus sent Kevin to the grass because the earth has too much water.

He recognizes pictures of the earth, but I don't think he quite understands that we're on it yet.

So this morning, I took him on a tour of google earth and showed him our home from the street view. Then we went to earth view and zoomed out until he could see the entire globe. Afterward, he said, "I DO live on the earth!"

I love our son. He's really at a fun (if sometimes frustrating) age right now.
Sometimes he's so sweet and helpful, and other times it's like he's progressed to being a teenager. He can be really moody and get angry in an instant. However, we're really beginning to learn what an incredible person Kevin is, and for that, I am very grateful. I wouldn't trade him for anything.

Not even more sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment