Thursday, June 16, 2016

Rough Night

Last night was a rough night for poor Kevin.

He came into our room crying, which is kind of unusual, but not terribly. He climbed into bed with us, and went back to sleep. Also not unusual.

What is unusual, is that he woke up at 4:15 a.m. and wouldn't stop crying.

First, he said, "I don't want cuddles!" Then, when I stopped cuddling him, he cried because, "I don't want Siff in her kennel!"

She still sleeps in her kennel, even though she hasn't had an accident during the day for weeks. We just don't want to risk it yet.

I explained that we could let her out in the morning, but he kept tossing and turning and crying. I knew something was wrong, but I didn't know what. Finally, he asked for a drink. Then, he let me hold him and comfort him.

When we got up this morning to get Grig ready for work, we discovered what the problem had actually been. He had a bit of diarrhea.

I got him cleaned up while Grig went to work, and Kevin never even woke up while I did. Then, I wrapped him in a towel, and let him keep sleeping. I'll give him a bath when he actually wakes up.

It's interesting how kids can tell you so much without ever actually telling you what's wrong. If I'd have known, I'd have taken him to the bathroom. However, how could I have known?

I'm still new at this mom-thing. I knew something was wrong, but I didn't know his stomach hurt.

Hopefully he feels better when he wakes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment