Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Memorial Day

We had an excellent weekend. My second-to-youngest brother came home from his mission last week, and since he was speaking in church on Sunday, we really wanted to be able to support him and welcome him home. 

So, we drove down on Friday night. We had a pleasant drive, aside from the road construction and the massive amounts of people heading toward the Sand Dunes and Yellowstone. We actually came to a complete halt for awhile, which I don't think I've ever had happen in Idaho before.

Friday, we talked to my parents for a while, and then on Saturday, we tried to help them get ready for the large amounts of family that were coming to listen to my brother's talk. We didn't actually get to see my brother until Saturday morning, but Kevin was really excited to see him. He looks really good.
After we helped for a few hours, Kevin played with his cousins while Grig and I went on a date. We mostly just shopped a little, talked, ate, walked around, and went up to visit my grandma. It was really pleasant. I've felt really stressed lately, and it was nice to get out of town for a few days.

We helped a bit more after we got back, and I watched the movie Red for the first time while we folded clothes. Pretty fun movie.

Sunday, we went to church and both my father and my brother spoke. They both did a great job. It was fun to listen to my brother as he struggled to speak English. He's been in Chile for the last two years, and you could really tell that he loved the people and the culture. We're very proud of how hard he's worked and served, We've missed him though, so we're glad that he was able to come home.

My father also ended up teaching the Sunday school lesson, so he had a busy weekend. After church, everyone came over to my parents' home, and we had a nice dinner. I fell asleep for a while. That was nice too.

Monday was Memorial Day. We met up at the cemetery to see my grandfather's new headstone and to support my grandma.
It was a beautiful day. The headstone turned out lovely, and it was so nice to be there to remember him and the others who had passed away.

Afterward we had a barbecue at my aunt's house, and then we headed home.

Foster care has taken a turn for the better. I had a couple of people mention a certain clinic in a nearby town that usually has been prices than anywhere else. So, Grig called them, and they referred him to someone else. He was able to get an appointment with the second place, and it is going to be a fraction of the cost that we were expecting.

We feel like that is a miracle, and we are so grateful. His appointment is halfway through June, so we'll let you know what happens after that. Assuming everything goes well, we should be good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment