Monday, February 27, 2017

Turning 30

This month I had my 30th birthday. I am officially three decades old. Or, as I prefer to say, one score and a decade.

I think I'm now officially in the prime of my life. That's what I've heard anyway.

For my birthday, we were able to go up and visit with my family. We had a good time and threw a baby shower for one of my sisters. My parents then took me out to Texas Roadhouse, which was amazing. I wouldn't mind making that a tradition.

I'm not where I thought I would be at 30, but I have very little to complain about. I thought I would have six kids by now, but instead I have an amazing son who says the sweetest things to me.

The other day, he became upset when his dad offered to share a strawberry with him. He began to cry, and we just figured he didn't want to share. However, he finally managed to say, "But if we eat the strawberry, Mommy won't get one!"

It melted my heart. He is such a sweet, little guy. I can't believe how old he is getting. In the morning, he lets the dogs out and is becoming such a good helper. Today he helped me clean out the fridge.
This is an amazing picture that I took. I just wanted to say that.

We have a home and two amazing dogs. We were watching a video the other day about some kids who wanted a puppy. The whole episode was about how much responsibility puppies are. I turned to Kevin and asked, "Are puppies hard or easy?"

He said, "Easy."
He loves his dogs
I laughed and said, "Yes, our dogs are easy, but that's only because we've put a lot of hard work into them."
Here's the dogs right after a bath. Aren't they beautiful? Hopefully Loki will be able to return to his family soon.

My life right now revolves around my son and that makes me happy. When people asked me what I wanted to do for a career, I'd tell them, but my deepest desire was always to be a mom of a big family. I don't know why we've had to wait so long for more children, but I am learning to trust in my Heavenly Father's plan for us.

As far as Foster Care goes, we've been waiting on bureaucracy. There's a lot of paperwork that has to be processed, and there is a checklist that we have to turn in before the home inspection can happen. There were a couple of items that we weren't able to afford until now, so we couldn't turn the checklist in.

So, I don't know if we are waiting on them or if they are waiting on us, but either way, we are still waiting.

It's been nice to enjoy some time with my husband and son though. We're really grown closer together over the last couple of months.

I don't feel any different at 30, but I have high hopes for this year. I think it's going to be a good one.

We also celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary this month. It's hard to believe that we've been married half of a decade. It's been the best experience of my life. I love being married and having a best friend who is with me through the trials and the blessings. My husband exceeds my expectations every day, and though we don't always agree, we are always willing to work through it.
Who sleeps like this?
I set some new goals this weekend, so hopefully I can continue to improve. I'm facing a new decade, so it will be exciting to see what I can accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment