Tuesday, June 3, 2014

My Adventure with Rock Candy

Yesterday, I had a funny experience.

I went to a lesson with the Sister Missionaries in my ward. We were teaching an eight-year-old and a ten-year-old. They were really cute and excited. The lesson was a lot of fun and they asked a lot of awesome questions.

However, at the end of the lesson, the little girl said, "Just a moment," and ran into the kitchen. She returned a moment later with a styrofoam bowl with what looked like dye on the side and was full of many different colors of rock candy. I followed the example of the Sisters in taking a piece and chose a pretty green one.

As I moved the candy toward my mouth, I said, "That's pretty cool that you know how to make rock candy."

As I popped the candy into my mouth, the little girl looked at me with confusion and stated, "That's not candy."

Instantly, I popped the rock back out of my mouth and, with embarrassment, thanked her for the beautiful rock. It was too late though. Everyone was already dying of laughter. I joined in and then asked if they wanted me to show them how to make rock candy.

They said they already knew how and we all continued to laugh.


Well, at least I now had the cleanest rock of the bunch. It just tasted like a rock. It's a good thing I didn't bite down.

I am fairly good at providing comic relief occasionally.

This is a picture of me with my new rock that is NOT candy.

Also yesterday I stopped by the library to pick up a book that I had put on hold. I was so stoked! It in the new book by Kristen Britain called Mirror Sight. I really like it so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment