Monday, November 2, 2015

MM: The Power of Toddler Prayers

Due to NaNoWriMo, my blogs may be a little shorter, but I'm still trying to continue writing.

Our car has been having a few issues lately. Mostly, it hates relief society meetings. The last two times I've gone to a relief society activity, the car wouldn't start after it finished. Grig hasn't had any problems with it at all. It just hates me.

I prayed really hard the first time it happened, and after a little while, it started up.

The second time, I came out of the church after helping clean up to discover my car wouldn't start again. I had Kevin in the back seat, and I prayed really hard, and it wouldn't start. So, Kevin and I went in to get some more things and ask if anybody could give us a jump. Some women said they'd be there in a minute. So, Kevin and I went back out to the car and tried again. The car once again wouldn't start.

So, I turned to the back seat and said to Kevin, "Would you pray that the car will start?" He nodded and folded his arms. Then he said a very simple prayer and asked Heavenly Father to help the car start.

Once he finished, I turned the key in the ignition again. The car started right up. Just as it did so, another woman drove up and asked if I still needed a jump. I told her I didn't, but thank you. We then drove home.

I know that the Lord answered my son's prayer. I think that He hears the prayers of little children and as long as the prayer isn't contrary to the Spirit, He answers their prayers.

Today, I asked Kevin if he wanted a brother or a sister. He became very excited and said, "Yes." Then, about ten minutes later, I asked him what he wanted for breakfast. He told me, "Brothers and sisters."

That was pretty funny. However, I explained to him that we couldn't choose when to have babies, but that Heavenly Father would send them. Then I asked him if he wanted to pray to ask Heavenly Father to send brothers and sisters. He said that he wanted to, so we kneeled down and he said a prayer.

I love how much he likes to pray and how much faith he has. I wish my faith was as strong. Toddlers are pretty amazing people, and miracles happen when they exercise their faith.
I love this kid

No comments:

Post a Comment