Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Lagoon Trip, Year 2

Many of you will remember our Lagoon Day from last year. It's kind of crazy that I've been writing on this blog for over a year now.

This year, we invited some different family members to come with us. Last year we took Grig's sister and brother-in-law with us. This year we invited my sister, and Grig's two brothers.

Grig had work the day of the event, and I was on my way back from Idaho. It didn't start until 5:00 p.m., so things worked out well.

We had a great time!

Havelock drove down with us and my sister, and we waited outside the entrance until his other brother arrived. His friend was kind enough to drop him off.

This was outside of the park while we were waiting. Havelock and Kevin were having a great time!
Once we'd gathered our complete party, we entered the gates. That's when I realized that we had forgotten our stroller! I convinced Grig to let us rent one, even though that was a little expensive. That was nice of him. It ended up carrying everyone's stuff, so it worked pretty hard throughout the night.

Hooray for strollers!


Once we got inside, we did one of the water-rides right away so hopefully we would have time to dry, and then we convinced Grig's brothers to try the Samurai.

Don't they look happy?
Grig's older younger brother liked it, but Havelock thought it was too scary. After that, we went and ate dinner, which was delicious. They served hamburgers, hot-dogs, and fried chicken. We also could get ice-cream, as much soda as you wanted, and chips. We rolled away from the tables and decided to stay away from the intense rides while our food digested.

Havelock and my sister decided to try bumper cars while we took Kevin on the Twirl a Whirl. It was approved for all ages, so we assumed it would be pretty tame.

I thought Kevin was laughing in this picture. Actually, I don't think he was.
It wasn't. However, Grig and his brother thought that Kevin had been laughing at the end, so I decided to go on the ride with him again. He wasn't very excited about the idea and he wanted to sit on my lap. I wasn't sure that was allowed, so I made him sit on the seat just before the ride got started. 

This picture was taken before I removed him from my lap. He might have been okay if I had left him there. 

He screamed nearly the whole time. Afterward, we decided we needed to stick with tamer things, like the merry-go-round. First though, we took turns on the bumper cars. First, Havelock and my sister went.

Then, when they finished, Grig, his other brother, and I tried our hand. I wasn't very good at it, but it was fun.


 After that, we went to the merry-go-round. Kevin had some trepidation about riding on it, but eventually he started to enjoy it. He liked the lion that he rode on.


After the merry-go-round, we wanted to ride on some roller coasters. We decided to start with the tamest one, and really old white one. Havelock didn't want to join his brothers at first, but they "convinced" him to go with them. That turned out to be one of his favorite rides.

Havelock's brothers talking him into going.
While they were riding that, my sister bought some cotton candy and shared it with Kevin and me. It was really good. At first, Kevin didn't want to eat it. He found the consistency to be strange. Eventually, he tried it, and then he couldn't get enough of it.

Kevin is angry that she's not sharing.
About this point, it became too dark to take pictures, so we just enjoyed ourselves and put the camera away. We rode on a lot of different rides, but we were waiting to go onto one called "Wicked" until the end, because we were hoping the line would be shorter. Compared to normal, it really wasn't bad, but we didn't want to wait if we could help it.

By the time we finally went on it, only Grig and I were able to go. My sister was nice enough to watch Kevin, but they closed the line before Grig and I finished. We felt bad that she and Grig's brother hadn't gotten to go (Havelock didn't want to), but I think everyone had a really good time.

Kevin sure did. He didn't even make it to the car before he passed out on his father's head.

We had a fantastic time, and we can't wait for next year (as long as Grig is still working at the same job). We'll probably invite different family members so more people get a chance to come with us. It's fun to do things with family, and roller coasters are exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment